Check out the other pages!

Monday, April 27, 2009

The New Look

So ... what do you all think of the new look? I think I like the colors. It's going to be a work in progress. I will be changing quite a few things, but just a little at a time.

You know, it's kinda funny living in town. People occasionally knock at my door asking me if they can meet my sheep. It happened again tonight. One of my neighbors apparently has been wanting to come over and check it out for some time, so she finally did. She bought her camera, and I took naughty little Echo out and gathered up the sheep for my neighbor to "meet". She noticed that I have more black sheep this year than in previous years, and I explained to her that I am trying to start my black flock. We also talked about what black sheep are generally used for (one black per every 100 white) and she thought that was quite interesting. My pasture was completely flooded (regular irrigation day), and Echo knew I was not going to get after her so she decided to be a bit naughty, have a little "whoo hoo" here and there, and not listen as well as she would have otherwise. It was ok. We got the job done. I was able to snatch up one of the little black lambies for her to pet and take pictures of. Echo got to play in the water afterward, and the sheep were none the worse for wear.

I also got a call from the lady from the historical society asking us if we would do the demos again this year. I told her we'd love to! She's going to see if she can round us up a PA system so Colleen can be our commentator! Don't worry, Colleen, I'll hold the mike while you're working Reena. ;-)

Happy tails,
Jodi

6 comments:

  1. I really like the new look. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice- pretty "cowboyish" if that's a word. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it should be noted that Cienna was the product of a difficult birth and even more strenuous teenage years...and she NEVER comments on MY blog.

    I too like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I miss is you have whittled your blog list...boo hoo! BTW who is the new pup??? Did a miss a posting???

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I removed the blog list not thinking that I don't have all the links to "replace" them with. I was going to do something kinda fancy with the links, but I have decided I just don't have the time/interest. So I am slowly putting them back on there.

    Oh yeah ... the puppy. I'll post.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it.
    A lot!

    I very much missed the links to other blogs.
    I'm happy to see they're back.

    Everything looks good, and is easier to read than before.

    Kodiak is cute. Will your son be taking lessons from Dianne?

    ReplyDelete