Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Switching Gears

Well Spring has finally sprung! The grass is growing like mad. The birds are out. Flowers are blooming. And the smell of the air has changed.

Smells like ... a lot of work!

The dogs (well ... ECHO MONSTER) has dug 14,000 holes in my backyard that need filling. Where does the dirt go when dogs dig holes? I can't find it anywhere. Well, I am not done digging out my irrigation canal, and before tonight, I didn't have a wheelbarrow to put the dirt in. So I stopped at Lowe's and picked up a cheapy, but it will work. So ... dig out the canal, wheel the dirt into the backyard, fill the holes, seed the entire thing, and start putting the dogs in the dog run ... only!

I also bought some seeds. A couple of different kinds of pumpkins, some squash, and after seeing the price of Anaheim peppers in the grocery store, "New Mexico" peppers. Hopefully I'll have some success with the peppers so we can have plenty of salsa this year. We'll see.

I also joined a pool league. I can't find my pool stick for the life of me, but it's got to be around here somewhere. Might be high time to buy a new one, anyway. My other one, while custom airbrushed, expensive and engraved with my name, was 20 years old. Anyway, the league is only for 5 weeks right now, but it will give me a taste of whether or not I really want to get involved in playing pool again. I'm looking forward to it.

Colleen is in Boise on business. Reena and Roy are here at my house for the week. Hopefully we'll all be able to see Colleen for a bit this weekend before she takes off back to Northern Idaho.

So I am looking forward to some Spring cleaning and getting my place in shape. I have lots of things I'd like to do, including taking down the round pen and setting up my lambing pens better. We'll see.

Happy tails,
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Joannah!

    Is that 2gbmemory.net site yours?

    ReplyDelete