Check out the other pages!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Athena Trial

People are asking how Athena went. I have pictures and stuff, but the energy to post it all is lacking. The short version ... I suck. Sent Echo on the way long 100 yard outrun on Saturday and she threatened to cross over, got her to stay on her side, but she still was very very tight (like right up the middle type) which pushed the sheep behind the setout trailer, and I wasn't about to send her back there to see how things turned out, so I called the run.

Sunday ... outrun was tight. Lift was fast. We, however, made the friggin' center panel for the first time in our lives. But that, unfortunately, was the only high point in the whole run. Turn around the post was sloppy at best. The driveaway was ok, although I was not in the picture much. Turn into the crossdrive, and there was no down to be had, so the crossdrive was the lovely "M" shaped "crossdrive." I am still not part of the equation, so I am not sure why I walked over to the pen with her, but I did. We went ring around the rosy a couple of times before I finally found my brain and called the run.

After receiving the wonderful "shoulda" advice from my fellow handlers afterwards, I made my way back to my trailer and headed out feeling like a real schmuck. But that's ok. Live and learn.

I will be pulling Echo from anything I have her signed up for right now and put trialing on hold until I figure out how to do this.

Photos later.

Jodi

2 comments:

  1. I was at that trial to but ended up leaving on Saturday, it was just too hot for me. I hope it was more pleasant on Sunday. I ended up calling my P/N run when my guy decided to not listen to me; I think it will pay off in the long run. I hope your re tuning goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had an implosion about my girl not listening. Everyone got to hear my tails of woe. I was just about done, period. When the dog listens she is unbeatable, but when out there, she won't listen. Then, on a lark, we entered one more trial- and she won it. Difference was that before we ran I was calm, and I didn't use my voice for stops at all, only really loud whistles. Took the wind out of her sails enough to make her look good.
    Sometimes our dogs just feed off of us.

    ReplyDelete