Check out the other pages!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

I won't be able to do this post any justice, but here goes nothing.

Well, I worked Reese several times this weekend, and she's doing great!  She's figured out that "that'll do" does not mean we're done, so she's pulling off much more readily.  We're doing mini-outruns and working on getting rid of the slicey stuff.  She does not have a lot of eye, so she isn't all sucked into balance, which is nice.  But for now ... I am stopping her on balance and asking her in so she gets a feel for where it is.  That's coming together also.  I'm excited to see how she turns out.  I love the way she "feels" when I work her!  She wants nothing more than to make me happy and I am quickly learning to trust her.

Guess who's back?  (Maybe "he" never left.)  One of the hawks from across the street.  I saw him the other day perched in one of the trees.


While I was out working Zip and Echo this afternoon, he flew above us and seemed to be checking us out.  Here's a bunch of photos of him.







I look forward to taking 40,000 more photos of him this spring and sharing them all with you?  Aren't you excited?

After going back and forth on the issue several times, I finally decided that I am going to breed Echo to Zip this spring.  I don't know how nuts I am about raising more puppies, but I really enjoy starting the young pups.  Anyway, I went out and worked Echo and Zip today so I could get some updated photos of them, and as it turned out, it was just easier to work them tandem.  Photos on the Puppies Page.

After getting that done, I grabbed a bottle of Pendleton and some 7-Up and went to my neighbor's house.  I know I've said this before, but I think I have the coolest neighbors on the planet.  Right next to my house are Diana and Dale.  Right next to them are Diana's parents, Brooke & Dean.  I spend quite a bit of time sitting down at Brooke and Dean's place chatting it up and usually having a drink or two.  They are lovely folks, and they really seem to enjoy my dogs.  Diana and Dale own the house where I took that awesome photo of the hay derek, and also the fall photos of the dogs in front of the giant "yellow" tree.  Anyway ... I pulled up to Brooke and Dean's this afternoon, and Dean was over at Diana's ... so I was chatting it up with Brooke and making myself a drink.  Dean comes back with something in his hand, and he hands it to me and says it's from Diana.  Now this was one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time.

Here's the box:


The box is really cool because the part at the very bottom of the photo is actually a magnet strip, so it closes so nicely.  Open it up and this is what you see.


I love it!  Those charms are so nice ... I am not sure what they are made of, but they are nice and heavy and the detailing on them is really cool.  And the earrings are adorable.  Here's a couple of close-ups.


Here are the earrings.  Whiskey directly affects my photographic vision.


Anyway, I just thought this was the cutest set!  Thank you so much, Diana!

Several of us are going out to the Couch's tomorrow to work dogs.  I'm going to work Echo and get her kicked out and, hopefully, get her (and myself) a little more prepared for the trial in two weeks.  She's been working real tight lately, and blowing me off quite a bit.  (Her coat has gone a bit dull and it makes me think she might be coming into season, but I hope I'm still a while off from that.  We'll see.  I think I'm just paranoid from the last trial.)  Hopefully I can get some photos and/or video tomorrow and can post it.

Night all!

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment