Check out the other pages!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Screw Poor"

5:00 a.m. is way too early to get up on a day that I'm not working.  Why am I up?  Habit.  Sheer friggin' habit.  Sad, isn't it?

Well, I'm doing laundry, and dishes, and will take a shower, clean out my truck, check on my ewes, feed my livestock and whatever else needs doing before Jaenne gets here.  We're carpooling over to the trial this weekend, which is going to be at Helsley's house.  I laminated running orders, and took a photo of them this morning before I got any caffeine into my brain.  I tried taking photos of them on clean things ... like my table ... my endtable ... the bench ... but the glare was ridiculous.  So I put them on the dirty crates that are sitting in my living room, and voila!  The glare disappeared.  Here they are:




Ironically, the running orders will be a bit late to the trial.  Jaenne and I decided last night that we didn't need to be there first thing in the morning, and my brain told me that was a great idea, forgetting I did running orders.    I like doing these laminated running orders.  I usually keep a couple for myself, and really, I should start throwing them into the dogs' binders as a record of which trials we ran in.  These running orders keep for a very long time, not to mention, you don't have to worry about them getting wet while you're standing out in the rain/snow/whatever.

So the cabinets are done, the tile is finished (thank you, Tom!) and now I need to paint all of it.  I won't get around to doing that until some time next week.  I still need to figure out what accent color I'm going to use, etc. 

I was over the neighbor's house last night, and we were talking about the construction going on at my place.  Earlier in the week, I'd brought over one of the latches in the little packet with the screws and was talking to them about whether or not it'd work, etc.  I opened up the package and $%*&@#!!  It went all over the place!  When we gathered it back up, I was missing a screw.  In a conversation with them last night, Brooke told me I was "screw poor."  I said, "You're tellin' me!!"  

My big black ewe is going to lamb probably any day.  I'm glad I don't have 50 ewes to worry about lambing out this year.  It's a nice break having two, and one is already done.

I had a dream last night that I went into the backyard, and there were PILES AND PILES of eggs laying around and the chickens were laying them like every three seconds and I couldn't stop them.  I was looking around for cork to plug up their butts so I could get the backyard cleaned up and all of the eggs cleaned and into cartons.  What a weird dream.

I really need to get rid of the roosters.  They are as annoying as all getout.  Oddly enough, I don't hear them yet this morning.  Of course not.  I'm not working today.  And I'm already awake, so they probably went back to sleep.  Jerks.

Well, now it's 6:00.  Yes, it took me an hour to write this post.  I was fartin' around in between. I think I overcooked not one but both loaves of bread.  Nice!  Talented, aren't I?

Off to take tons of photos of some very talented dogs.  Enjoy your weekend and I'll post results and stuff as soon as I get them.

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment