Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flying by the seat of my pants ...

I got off from work today, stopped by Michael's and picked up some heart chocolate molds. I hope I can make some chocolates for the Red Top trial in February. We'll see how ambitious I am when the time comes.

It was still light out when I got home, so I worked Echo for a bit before the sun went down. I love that it's staying light later.

She is maturing very nicely, and is really starting to understand the ranch part of stuff. Sometimes she gets stuck a bit with her eye, but nothing that maturity won't fix.

We sorted off the less pregnant ewes and a few lambs and worked in Russ' pasture. Her outruns are looking good. She's taking her down at the top now. I was starting to work on flanking her on the fetch. Naturally, if she takes her flank on the fly, it's much tighter than if I lay her down or check her up first. It's still ugly all the way around. But ... I was able to flank her to one side or the other, and then pull her towards me and send her all the way around. Instead of circles around the sheep, picture very ugly squiggly, but closed, shapes.

I wonder what the people in the airplane overhead were thinking.



I am so bad at this, at one point, I made her so unsure of which way to go that when I sent her on an outrun to go pick the sheep up again, she wasn't sure, and was reluctant to go. So I had to step back ... it was obvious I was putting too much on her and expecting too much out of her.

We re-grouped and continued working on the same thing a bit and it was obvious she was getting it. The shapes started to turn into circles -- albeit tight ones -- and at one point, I was able to send her on an outrun, lift, fetch and then I flanked her around 3/4 of the way and sent her on a crossdrive. I stopped there.



Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment