Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Zac Brown Band




I love these guys! I don't think this is one of their best songs, but it's one that everyone knows and was easy to find. This band is great to work out to! I've been going to the gym about five times a week, I'm walking/running two miles, and starting to work on my arm to try to work through the atrophy from the surgery. I'd love to have a waist by summer. I am trying to push myself more and more. The first night I went to the gym ... I don't remember if it was late December or early January or something ... I did my first two miles in about 43 minutes. Tonight I did it in 29:20. When I saw that I got it legitimately under 30:00, I pointed at the machine and louder than I realized said: "Ha! Take that!" The guy next to me laughed. Apparently, he also heard me say ... at some point ... "Ok fatty, you can do this," just before I went into my final jog! How embarrassing!

Here's my favorite song from the album: "Where the Boat Leaves From" This one gets my ass moving.



The gym. What a weird place. Tonight I saw come chick sitting on the elliptical (or however you spell the name of that stupid machine) TALKING ON THE PHONE! What the hell? Different strokes, I guess.

There are some women whose bodies I thought only existed in magazines and calendars. Makes me sick. No matter how much I work out, I'll never look like that. They're like 20. Gravity. Gravity hasn't taken hold of them yet. I am having a war with gravity right now. I see how my face has just ... fallen! It has now taken on a whole new shape and my chin rolls are going to turn into chicken neck by next week. Ack!

There are people there that can lift an exorbitant amount of weight. I don't care if I can ever do that.

There are people there that sweat more in 1/2 hour than I pee in a week.

There's one guy there that I swear is a machine. He runs on the treadmill at a very high speed and never faulters. Just keeps going and going and going. It kills me. But it also motivates me. When I see him there, I try to find a machine where I can see him in my peripheral vision. Is that creepy? Probably. Oh well. Whatever it takes to keep my ass moving.

I was going to swim tonight, but I didn't feel up to it after my two-mile jaunt. I've jumped in the pool once, and Mr. Swimmer showed up shortly thereafter. He did like 5 laps freestyle. Then did two laps in a backstroke. Then two laps in a beautiful butterfly stroke. I did 1/2 a lap and felt like I was going to have a stroke. So I stopped. So I hope to be able to do a lap by ... June.

Going to the gym late at night has now gotten me into this vicious cycle. I love the fact that there are very few people there by the time I get there (normally around 9:00 or 9:30 p.m.), I normally don't get home until about 10:30 p.m. ... then I take 1/2 of a melatonin and pass out -- only to get up at 5:30 and start all over again.

But it's becoming routine. If nothing else, I like the way I feel. And my lungs ... after smoking for 20 years ... are starting to work. I quit smoking in June of 2006, so I have almost 3 years. 7 more years and I'll have full function of my lungs back ... or whatever they say.

Melatonin is kicking in and the typos are starting to get carried away. Off to bed.

Happy tails!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment