Check out the other pages!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Outside to Inside Transition and Some Photos

Went out to Dianne's today with Katy. Worked Echo for a bit, although I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can tell you, trying to do what I was trying to do on dog broke sheep wasn't helping.

For the sake of conversation, let's call an "outside" flank the area from 9:00 to 3:00 (via noon), and an "inside" flank the area from 3:00 to 9:00 (via 6:00). We have both of those. What we don't have is the flank between 12:00 and 6:00. That transition. So I sent her from my side (at 6:00) on a large come bye flank, and the minute the sheep see her, they start booking ass towards me. By the time she swings around to 3:00 and I want to call her to me, the sheep are at my feet. So essentially, I was running backwards and calling her in. She came in a couple of times and I was able to continue flanking her around on the come bye side for another pass. But I know there is a better way of doing this. I did it on the away side also, with about the same measure of success -- and while it was all very tight, she still took it and went. I imagine this is the start of it. So just another thing to add to the long list of stuff to work on. But if we can get these flanks working all the way around, perhaps I can save us from another "M" cross drive and can fix it before it happens.

Patrick was there today with a few of his pups, so I took some photos.

Here's Java:


And Pi ...


Teal ...


Andi ...


And Bella ...


I took some more pics of Peg's pups for Dianne ... you can find them on her site HERE. They have their eyes open and starting to look more like puppies and less like guinea pigs. Give them another couple of weeks and we won't be able to catch them!

Happy tails,
Jodi

1 comment: