Check out the other pages!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Trial Prep

Well, it's been a really long week. As most of you know, my son had surgery (he's ok now...) and I've been playing Nurse Mom all week. Truth be told, I've actually enjoyed it. Now that he's almost 20 years old, it's been a long time since he's looked to me for any type of nurturing. I have a couple of priceless photos, but I have to figure out how to get them off my phone. I should probably send them to someone who can email them to me. Anyway, he's now well on his way to a full recovery, and my focus has started to shift back to the trial for this weekend.

Got off from work, mailed my membership applications to the USBCHA and the OSDS, and met Katy at Costco. Got some dog food and some breakfast muffins, but to get the stuff needed for the trial with the budget I've been given, I knew we would need to go to (*cough* *cough* *gulp*) Walmart. I still haven't figured out who's more um, entertaining ... the people that shop there, or the people that work there. I swear they don't hire anyone without a mental disability of some sort. There's one dude there, and I just fondly refer to him as "Rainman" and everyone I talk to knows exactly who I mean.

Picked up some coffee, hot chocolate, cups, plates, spoons, pineapple (for the pig), bottled water, stuff to make pasta salad, lime, and of course, Coronas. We came back to my house, ordered pizza, drank a few beers and cut up and laminated the running orders. For some reason, there was plenty to talk about tonight, and I almost feel like we didn't cover it all.

Katy left about 9:00, and I needed to do a few things. I did two loads of dishes, cleaned up the living room, made the pasta salad (added my own tomatoes, green onion and celery), folded my load of laundry and threw Justin's in the dryer, put the trash out, straightened up my bedroom and put my clothes away. With that stuff out of the way, I went out to the truck, pulled out everything I didn't need for the weekend, brought the beer in the house, found and cleaned out the cooler, cut up the limes and bagged them up, pulled the truck into the garage and vacuumed it out. I was going to do the windows, but I know that with the glare from the overhead light, that they would be all streaked up the second the sunlight hit it, so I didn't waste my time. Finally sat back down about 11:30 and am hoping I covered it all. When I get up in the morning, I just need to take a shower, pack the cooler, load up the dogs and go.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friends and watching some good dogs work. My goal this weekend is getting Echo deep enough on the top of the outrun, and a nice, quiet lift. I'm curious to see how Echo handles the top of her outrun without Dianne standing there. If we complete the course, it's icing on the cake.

Off to bed.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment