Check out the other pages!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Nursery"

Oh, the controversy! Nursery class. Some people like it. Some people hate it.

I used to think people get in too much fo a hurry to train their dogs up to trial, especially Nursery dogs. (The nursery class is for dogs no more than three years old on July 1st of the year in question.) The course is generally an open course without a shed, or can also be very similar to that of the pro-novice course. I used to think that anyone who was running dogs in nursery were pushing their dogs much too hard and that the dogs would be all stressed out by the time they were 3. I never looked fondly at those running their dogs in nursery because I was sure it would ruin the dogs and how awful those handlers must be to do that to the poor dogs.

That was before I had a dog capable of it.

And I'm sure the cricism was due more to my jealousy than anything else. And I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same way I used to feel. But once you have a truly natural dog, one who takes you to Nursery (and not the other way around), you'll know it.

Now I just need to catch up to her.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment