Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All the News...

It seems my internet days in Boise are done.  So i resorted to adding the internet to my phone for now so at least i can email.  Viewing or editing blogs is still near impossible.  So this is it for now.

Had a great weekend working Echo.  On Friday night Katy and I went out to Couch's.  He had a pup there that he inherited from a local rancher that no longer had time for her.  When i got there my heart melted.  There was this adorable, very skinny dull coated beautiful white factored blue and white female 3 month puppy.  It made me mad to know someone could neglect a pup like that.  Long story short, I placed her with a lovely couple in Kuna that just love her and will give her the care and attention she deserves.  They named her Jodi.

On Saturday, we putzed aroung most of the day and then met up with Dianne and Jaenne and went and worked dogs in the desert.  After a huge picnic of sandwiches and dips and a couple of beers, Dianne let some sheep out and used Zorro to move them way over to a nice hill on the other side of the little valley we were parked on.  It was quite a learning experience for me to watch Dianne never move her feet, yet work with Zorro at such a distance only using her whistle and the occasional correction to get him to put the sheep exactly where she wanted them.

Echo and I were up first.  Poor Echo with having to put up with my dumb ass.  She wasn't seeing the sheep amd I was having a hard time getting her to understand where they were.  Once she saw them, things went well.  She took every stupid command I gave her ... but at least it was all on whistle.

Next up was Jaenne and Mo.  What I saw of this run, everything looked good!  Jaenne and Mo are really a good team.

Then Katy worked Pat.  This was awesome to see!  Pat worked very well for Katy, and it was nice to see Katy working with a dog that works a little faster and a little pushier than the lovely curly butt.

After that, Dianne worked one of her young dogs (Fame) for a short time, put the sheep back on the far hill where they were earlier, walked over to the truck and said, "Who's up?" Without hesitation, i grabbed Echo and walked out to the rim of the berm we were on.  Looking across the little vally, I see the sheep ... RUNNING to the left.  Then i see something not quite visible running behind them. "Um ... Dianne ... there's a coyote chasing the sheep!"  Dianne grabbed Pat and sent him on a huge outrun.  It stopped the sheep from running into nowhereville but in the meantime, the coyote started following Pat!  Dianne was able to keep control of the whole situation and got Pat and the sheep - all of them - back safe and sound!  What a trip!  And I didnnt even have my camera on me.

Sunday, for me, was spent just putzin around, trying to figure out my internet sitation, which turned out to be a waste of time.

Well, i am sore from typing on this miniature keyboard.  I am feeling like Alice in Wonderland.  Ta ta all...

Jodi


No comments:

Post a Comment