Check out the other pages!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Took a Break ...

Those of you that know me well know I had a very unfortunate thing happen last weekend that kind of took the rug out from under me. I won't elaborate here ... yes, everything is fine ... nothing I can do about it but move on ... but ... I really needed a break. So I took one.

Friday night, Katy and I went to the 127 and hung out and had a few beers. Ran into my old pool league captain who is also ... a realtor. A realtor I didn't use when I bought my house. You can imagine the joy he feels for me now. Egads. I'll have to make it up to him somehow.

Saturday morning, I headed out to Don Couch's place and worked dogs with him and his two "boys." Turns out both boys will be running in the Western Idaho Fair trial in a few weeks. Woo hoo! Anyway, we worked Echo's little ass off. Completely took her game away from her. I am working on getting her to flank off the fetch, and we had some success with that. I will continue mixing it up and see what I can get out of her. As of right now, the come bye flank off the fetch is very very tight, meanwhile, she now orbits on the away side. Hopefully this will all even out when we both get more comfortable with this.

Met Katy at the Leaf afterwards. We putzed around for a bit, and then went to the store in Homedale. Stopped by the antique store. Cute stuff! Might have to pick up a couple of things there for the house. Then stopped at the Whiskey Roe's for a beer, then off to Wilder for lunch. Went back to the house and hung out for a while, then went over to Dianne's and worked dogs for a bit, ate an awesome completely catered dinner prepared by Dianne's kids, and drank a few beers. We back to the Leaf and crashed pretty hard.

Woke up this morning, went to breakfast, came back to the Leaf and we decided to tear down the duck arena. We had to go to D&B for a few things, but came back and went to work on it. It looked bad from the outside, but wowie. I had no idea just how bad it was. This was layer upon layer upon layer of fencing. There was a layer of field fence, a layer of dilapidated wood fence, a layer of chicken wire, and there was no rhyme or reason to be had. There were staples, tie wire, baling twine, tie wraps, you name it. This was the most rinky dink, hillbilly, jerry rigged ridiculousness ever disguised as fencing. Was I surprised? Not in the least, seeing how the rest of this place was put together. It will be so nice when it's all cleaned up. For now, this duck arena is down, and there are plenty more of these "fences" to go.

Came back to the house and Katy fed us some awesome red chili ... soft taco type of things. Awesome!

Headed over to Janie's because I thought I left my sunglasses there. As it turns out, they were in my truck. But being that I was already 1/2 way there by the time I found them, I continued on. Hung out at Janie's for about an hour, talking ducks and dolls and dogs. She gave me a bunch of fresh veggies to take home. Yummy! Cherry tomatoes, big boys, a green bell pepper, a few banana peppers and a squash.

I got home, and my neighbor had taken down the fence between my pasture and his that I put up last year. He is putting up a whole new, much nicer fence. He rolled up my old fencing nice and neat and put it in my pasture for me to take to my new place. I am so excited that I don't have to buy that whole new roll of fencing!

Planted a masterpiece of a farm on Farmtown! Can't wait to watch THIS one grow! hahahahahahahahaha!!!

The puppies are getting SO cute. Brittney keeps sending me adorable pictures of puppies sleeping on their backs with their cute little pink bellies exposed for ppppfffffftttttting. Too bad I'm not there to do it! Can't wait to see what their cute little faces look like now that their eyes are opening.

Off to bed ... happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment