Check out the other pages!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catchin' Up

Ok ... it's been a while since I've blogged. I've got quite a few of these things going now, and it's hard to keep up with them all.

Here's kind of a long story, but I thought it was really ironic.

My mother passed away in December of 2005. In that year, I had traveled to Los Angeles via Southwest Airlines about five times. One time when I was checking my bags, one of the clerks had a really nice lanyard on, holding her ID badge. I asked her where she got it, and she said, "She made it," pointing to one of her co-workers. I talked to the co-worker very briefly, got her number, and never skipped a beat. I don't know what I did with that person's number, or if I ever talked to her again. Once mom got sick, life moved way too fast, I was on a lot of anti-depressants, and making sure I got to work without hitting a tree.

Several times since then, I've been to craft shows and such, looking for a nice lanyard, but never found ones that struck me like that one did. I even made one of my own with some of my mom's beads, but never really loved it.

The other day, I was messing around on Ebay and for the heck of it, looked up lanyards in Boise. I found a woman who had some very nice ones, had some very interesting beads, and very reasonable prices. So I emailed her and asked her if she had a store, or would meet me so I can see her work. Well, I met her last night. Her name is Deb. Really nice woman, and very talented. We talked a lot about stockdogging and how many different lanyards I see, and how few strike me like hers did. We continued talking, and she was telling me how she works for Southwest Airlines! We figured out this was the same woman from a few years ago. What a small world, eh?

Without further adieu, here is the first of many I am sure I will purchase from her.

From 100CANON


It is made very well, strung nice and snug, and she used a really good thread. I love it.

Anyway, I came home last night, grabbed a beer, and took Echo out for a bit and worked on her whistles. I am talking to her less and less, and really starting to pay attention to my whistles. My "down" whistle and my "come bye" whistle start very similarly and I notice just for a second she hesitates right there, so I have to switch something up. Other than that, it's coming together. I am way too loud on the whistle, and have to remember how quiet Helsley whistles to Blue. I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate it.

More later,
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Very purdy. Laura C. is making me one, but I told her no hurry, as my dogs have very few whistles on them, a fact that when they do, Im sure my neighbors will be happy for as it will likely replace all the yelling coming from my place! LOL

    ReplyDelete