Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Progress

No, not with sheepdogging.  I wish.
 
Well, I've been working out a bit ... and have been really trying to get my arm back in shape since it has atrophied from the surgery.  Last night when I was working out, I noticed that my wrist was very sore.  I worked through it, but there's still one machine I cannot handle yet (picture a machine that mimicks the motion of you pounding your fist on a desk).  I tried it again last night to no avail.  So I was feeling rather discouraged. 
 
Well, today I noticed that I can put my palm up ... flat!  The true test will be to put some shampoo in my hand and see if I can get it to stay there.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to any of you, but this is my dominant arm and it's really been a sore spot (ha ha) with me.  So whatever I'm doing is helping. 
 
And despite going to the gym almost every day, I'm still a cow.  Well, I didn't put it on in a month, so it won't come off that quick, either. 
 
The Red Top trial is a week from Friday (although ... I'm only entered Saturday and Sunday).  I  haven't been working Echo much at all.  I really need to get a stop on her at the top and gain some control at the beginning of the fetch so doesn't get sucked in -- which sets up our whole run.  But even if I'm not at all successful with the trial, it will be a great opportunity to take pictures with my new camera!  It is supposed to arrive at my house today!  I can't wait!
 
More later,
Jodi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment