Check out the other pages!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Early Bird ...

Well, after a fiasco of going up to the mountains today (I don't want to talk about it ... I have NO pictures from up there, so you can just guess...), I came home and took some pictures of the sheep instead. I set up the lambing pens and took my 7 pregnant ewes and put them in the penning area so they aren't lambing all over the fields. Any day now...















Ever see sheep teeth?









How about some tongue, baby?





Oh that was baaaad.




What? What'd I do?





Ok ... and I know the next shot isn't going to mean anything to anyone but me, but I think this is like a shot of a lifetime. How quick this happens, and I caught it ...







Can ewe please get out of the way so I can take pictures of Pepe?





Thank you.









THE END. (Or do I say "Happy tails"?)





Jodi



3 comments:

  1. Great shot of the "Early Bird!" I once got one of 2 humming birds hovering around a feeder! I thought it was my shot of a life time! Question, how come you sheep have no tails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We dock tails on the ewes because it's cleaner when they lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. I dont dock my hair sheep, So far so good, no problems. It just looked odd to me Im so use to looking at sheep with tails. Once I was visiting a dairy farm looking at some equipment, and none of the cows had tails, how horrible. The poor cows couldnt even swat flys.

    ReplyDelete