Check out the other pages!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Well, Wet My Whistle!

Yesterday, while I was putzing around in my house, I came upon my buffalo horn whistle (I put it down and forgot where), and in looking at it, I saw how dried out it was. So I used some regular vegetable oil and oiled it all up real good. It looked much better. And that was basically all I expected.

Ha.

I took Echo out to work so I could try to get her lie down and her lie down whistle sort of solid so I have 1/2 a shot at stopping her at the top of her outrun so she doesn't get all sucked in at the trial. (Nice of me to wait this long, isn't it?) Oh, and just in case the training session wasn't going to be difficult enough as it was, I brought the new camera. So off we go.

From 2.16.08


I send her on an outrun and blow the whistle at the top. We'll I'll be a monkey's uncle! That was the clearest sound I have ever gotten out of that whistle! Imagine that. Echo didn't take that "down" or the next 10. Or 20. And I'm sure my neighbors thought I had completely lost my mind when I came unglued. I collected myself and started again -- with much more success. Imagine that. It's still not solid by any stretch of the imagination but it's getting there.

I love this shot. I wish I had more black sheep with white tail tips.

From 2.16.08


Most of the pics I got were of her driving because they are easier to take. But I caught a couple others.

From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


From 2.16.08


And the day wouldn't be complete without an airplane shot. These are getting really fun to take!

From 2.16.08


You should see that one in its original size on my computer screen! Wow!

Happy tails,
Jodi

3 comments:

  1. Your going to have to watch for the Southwest plane that has the swimsuit model on it. See you Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe photos!!!

    qu'elles belles attitudes a votres chien(ne)

    de quel élevage viens t'il??

    vous participer a des concours sur troupeaux?

    bonne continuation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (loose translation:

    superb photos

    your dog has a beautiful attitude.

    what type of breeding does he/she come from?

    do you participate in herding contests?

    good luck in going forward....")

    Thank you! Her pedigree can be found here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgrsv3mz_6gb28kchg

    Yes, we participate in herding trials. We're not very good, but we show up. :-)

    Your dogs are beautiful also! I will have to do some research to see if I can figure out the information about the pedigrees.

    Thank you so much for writing!

    ReplyDelete