Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Totally Geeking Out

So I came home tonight, and the UPS driver hadn't gotten here yet. I knew where I was going tonight, so I hopped in the shower. When I got out of the shower, my son handed me the box the camera came in. He soon took the box back, put the camera together and started taking some shots with it. Just in case all you out there don't know ... my son knows everything, and I am dumb as a box of rocks (so he thinks).

So I told him I was going to go to the local camera club meeting because a friend of mine from work talked me into going. I won't tell you what my son called me, but it wasn't very nice. LMAO!

The meeting was very interesting. It was "print night" where people submitted prints, and they go through the prints one by one, judge them, comment on them, and then announce their score. I agreed with most of the assessments, although, there were a few I didn't quite "get." Some of that, I'm sure, was not understanding what a good photo is ... some of it was personal taste. All in all, it was very very interesting. Next Tuesday is the same thing, only with digital images. I made a mental note that it will be a while before I have anything worth submitting.

I got home and took a few photos with the new camera. I am now convinced it will be a LONG time before I will have anything worth submitting! This is a lot of camera, and it is going to be a blast playing with it! For instance, a few photos in my room ... I've never gotten a decent photo in the house. Once I figure this out, these photos can be crystal clear and completely bitchin. But for now, check this out. I don't know the technical terms, but the area in focus (focal range?) is so small, I need to figure out how to make it (I never thought I'd say this) flatter! LOL

From 2.10.09


From 2.10.09


From 2.10.09


So ... it will be fun once I figure this whole thing out! LOL

Happy tails,
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! You got it!!! FUN FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be long until your camera is paying for itself. Great pictures. I thought yo did great pics before but you can see a difference.

    ReplyDelete