Check out the other pages!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chomping at the Bit ...

For those that know me ... I have been endlessly bitching, moaning and complaining about the quality of the photos (or lack thereof) that my camera takes, and have been whining about getting a digital SLR.

Well, I finally bit the bullet. I will be in debt for the rest of my life, but I will now have nothing to blame the lousy photos on other than my lack of talent.

Enter the Canon 50D.


It's ordered! It should be here some time next week. Woo hoo!

This is just the camera with one lens (200mm). Add a few accessories, and you start thinking that maybe you should have bought a house instead.

I am considering joining the Boise Camera Club. From what I understand, you have rather talented photographers look at your work and critique it. I like that idea. And rather than just popping the lens on, putting it on the auto setting, and doing the point-and-shoot thing, I want to find out exactly what this camera is capable of, and use it to its full capacity. I want to know every feature, every nuance, and do lots of cool stuff with it.

I guess I need to start collecting a lot more frames. I am sure my house will look like a photo gallery by Spring.

Very happy tails,
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Oh AWESOME Jodi! Congrats. The Boise Camera Club sounds fun....although nerdy. I love messing with diff apperture and f-stop settings. Way back when, I had to write down the settings I used and wait for the film to be printed, totally ruining the fun. Hey, maybe one day you can get an actual picture of Reena for me. Way cool for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jodi!! You are going to LOVE it :)

    I have had the camera for over a month...never looked at the instruction manual...so never knew until 4 days ago what setting automatic was..grin.

    ReplyDelete