Check out the other pages!

Monday, November 30, 2009

New Residents

Yesterday was a productive day.  I took a load from Janie's house and brought it over to my house and stuck it in the storage building.  Went to town, deposited some money for GSH, returned a movie, went to Home Depot and picked up the tile for the countertop and backsplash, dropped that stuff off at the house, erected some T-posts to put up some fencing for a temporary sheep setup, and headed back up to Janie's for some tie-wire.  I really wanted to get some sheep chomping down the brush so I could see what's under it.  Janie decided to join me and help me put the fencing up.  So back to the house we went, armed with what we needed, and started taking apart the mess around the little corral.  Janie is a machine.  She got all of the wire wrapped up nice and neat (there was hot wire on the inside of this corral for some reason), and we took down the various layers of fencing, etc. and cleaned it up quite a bit.  Then Janie came up with a great idea for blocking off a couple of areas and putting up a gate, and boom!  We've got a secure area for sheep.  Back to the house we went and brought ten lambs from the house and plopped them in the new area, and I set up the water trough.  They were all of our cull lambs (except for Janie's bummer lamb from a couple of years ago -- i.e. the lambie leader), and this is somewhat experimental to see what kind of coyote problem we have, if any.

In the meantime, Kirk finished laying the floor in the kitchen, and it is gorgeous!  He's done an amazing job!

Here's a few photos.

The sheeps made it through their first night.  Woo hoo!

(Hard to see ... photo was taken at 6:00 a.m. this morning.)




Here's a picture of the floor before grout.  Isn't it pretty?




Then Kirk just laid some of the countertop tile out to see what it looked like and to get a preliminary idea of how it's going to work (or at least that's what I think he was doing ...).  I took a picture of it without stepping into the house, so here it is.  I can't wait to see what this will look like when it's done.




I have to start working on the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.  This is going to be a giant job.  I need to get rid of those awful colors.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment