Check out the other pages!

Friday, November 6, 2009

No net for me ...

I got to work at the crack of dawn this morning, worked until around noon, when Digis called me. They are the internet provider I've been banking on. They were on the way out to the house. Woo hoo! So I met them out there. The contractor was there finishing up what he was doing, also. The Digis tech (who was absolutely adorable!) told me that, unfortunately, he was not able to get a signal because of all of the trees. There are many providers who are not able to get me service because of the spot I am in. I guess that's the trade-off for being in such a cool spot.

Digis told me they are putting up a new tower in the next 3 to 6 months, and that one would be the perfect one for me, so I might just (have no option but to) wait. We'll see. There's been a couple of recommendations by folks who live in the area, so I'll call around again tomorrow.

My new toilet has been installed! Woo hoo! The water heater, and washer and dryer hookups have been moved into the utility room. It's not pretty, particularly, but it's functional, and I guess that's all that matters. Oh and it's out of the kitchen. So that's good too.

I hung out and burned a bunch of crap in the burn barrel. There was a bunch of crown molding laying around, so that went in there, along with a bunch of crap from where the mobile home used to be. It got quite dark, so once I couldn't see anymore, I left.

Tomorrow morning, I'll go back there and start cleaning the walls and taping off everything I don't want covered in paint. This is going to be a giant undertaking. It will be nice when I have it all done.

oh my lender sent me a $50 gift card to Home Depot. I bought the green and yellow paint for the living/dining rooms. Awesome! Free stuff!

More later,
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. $50, after all their stalling it should of been more like $500.00. Have fun painting. I'm going to try to finish my front room this winter.

    ReplyDelete