Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paint, paint and more paint

I went over to the house this morning and prepped the dining room for paint. I also taped the bedroom so I can do the trim. The bedroom trim is tricky because the room is white and the trim will be black, so every little mistake will show up. Once I used the blue painter's tape and taped off all of the trim, I was tempted to leave it there. It looked pretty cool.

I then moved back into the dining room and cut in with a brush everywhere I needed to. (It's a very bright yellow paint.) I then got out the roller and rolled for my very first time ... and it looked awful. I am rolling bright yellow paint over dark ugly army green and burgundy. So it didn't cover very well, and I was very discouraged. So I went back to Janie's for lunch feeling like I wanted to give up and just sell the house (just like every time I run Echo, I am ready to sell her and take up agility instead).

I ate some lunch, snoozed for a few minutes, and then took Echo out to sort off a few sheep for an instinct test I had coming. He showed up and what a great guy! Young and eager, with a cute mixed breed dog that has plenty of heart and want-to. We chatted for a couple of hours. I bid my adieu to him, and went back in the house -- where Janie then pushed me to get my ass back to the house and get painting.

I did.

I put the second coat in the dining room - and what a difference! It looked really nice. I love the color!

Then I broke out the black paint. It was an oil base paint. With the hardwood floors (and all the damage we're doing with just the water based paint), I was really afraid to use it. And ... it didn't mix right anyway. So I went to Walmart and bought some water-based black paint. Met Janie and Penny (Penny is here for a doll restoration seminar that Janie is doing ... she'll be here for two weeks) back at my house, and Penny helped me take off the door handles of the built-in drawers while Janie put on the first coat of black paint for the trim. I think it's going to look great! I haven't taken photos yet, but I will soon.

Tomorrow, after work (yes, I finally have to go back to work, although, I almost welcome it ... I'm tired) I will drop by and do the second coat of the trim, and start prepping the living room for the base coat. Thank doG the ceilings are done.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment