Check out the other pages!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Timber!!!!

I went over to the house today and worked on prepping the bedroom for painting. I know this doesn't sound very difficult, but it was actually a lot of work. This place hasn't been occupied in a couple of years, so there's a lot of dust, which needs to be gone in order to spay paint in there. Also, lots of holes in the walls where there were nails and anchors and crap that needed to be spackled, etc. Anyway, it's ready, I think. Janie will be coming by tomorrow to paint it.

The dude that wanted to cut down the tree came this afternoon with his son and a giant boom thing and a very loud chainsaw. The had ropes going and chainsaw buzzing and branches making their way across the driveway. I called my sister and was chatting with her on the phone when BOOM! A large branch hit the house. Apparently, it didn't do any damage, but from the sound of it, I thought I would have seen branches in my living room when I recovered from being startled. This happened a couple of times. One time, it actually wiped out a small piece of siding that he'll replace. I can't believe that was the only "damage." Hearing the logs fall on the concrete pad out there was really loud. That is a huge tree. Well, soon to be not-tree.

I'll post photos tomorrow, hopefully, of the painted bedroom, and the tree-less front of my house.

Oh, and I got internet today! (My computer is still about two weeks away from being hooked up, I would guess, but at least I have something to hook it to now.) Rhonda, you should be getting a free month of internet service. Thanks for the referral!

Jodi

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad they were able to help you. They are a good company to work with. I have been with them a little over a year now. The only thing is no 24/7 tech support. but other than that it has been good.

    ReplyDelete