Check out the other pages!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy Busy Busy ... Getting nothing done.

It snowed.  Yeah.  Couple of inches.  Big deal, right?  Well, tell that to all of the people commuting this morning.  It took me almost two hours ... yeah, you heard me right ... two hours to get to work.  Unbelieveable.

Anyway, worked all day.  No biggie. 

Left the office about 4:30 ... drove straight through to Nampa, stopped and got gas, and headed straight out to the Naf's.  Fed the sheep on the way up the driveway and checked for new lambs.  Nuttin' honey.  Prepped the dogs' food and fed everyone.  Also took the frozen water bowls and replaced them with non-frozen water bowls.  (I get to do that again tomorrow and the next day, etc. ... isn't that special?)  By this time, the ducks were so loud, I couldn't hear myself think.  Set up the first 5-gallon bucket to fill with water while I went out and fed the ducks.  Came in, grabbed the 5-gallon bucket of water, set up another, and went out and dumped the first one.  Came in and switched, and did it again and again and again and again until there was semi-warm water in the pond and in the drakes' pools.  I can't tell you how much fun hauling water is.  You should try it some time.

Then set up the dogs' food for tomorrow and let it sit. Grabbed a bowl of food for Rascal and one for the kitties.  Took Rascal in the house and fed him, and put the kitties' food out back in the very very back of the crate out there.  They promptly came and hopped in and started muchin' away.  Janie, I don't think you'll have any problem getting them crated to take them in to have them fixed.

Fluffed and folded my laundry and stuck it by the front door.  Threw a frozen pizza in the oven.  Did whatever dishes were laying around, and put the clean dishes from the dishwasher away and wiped down all of the counters.  Dried the other dishes and put those away.  Sat and ate pizza and drank a beer while watching Law & Order SVU. 

Went out to the trailer and packed up my suitcase with as many clothes as would fit.  Straightened up some other stuff that's in the trailer in preparation for the next load to go down to the house.  The trailer is getting pretty empty now and to the point where it will need to be vaccuumed out and then Kirk can do whatever he needs to do to winterize it.

Grabbed Zip and Echo and loaded them in the truck.  Grabbed the smaller crate that keeps blowing away every time the wind kicks up.  Threw that in the back of the truck.  Grabbed a pallet to store hay on and threw that in the back of the truck.  Put Rascal back in the house ... I'll swing by tomorrow morning and let him out again.  Drove down to the haystack and loaded 4 bales of hay in the back of the truck.  Yeah, I did.  It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. 

Drove down to my house, unloaded the hay and stacked it next to the driveway.  Brought the suitcase and crate in the house and ... here I sit having a beer.

I still haven't even thought about prepping the kitchen to paint, and still haven't painted the trim in the hallway.  Those were the main two things I was going to get done while J&K (I initially wrote "J&Z" ... who know who J&Z are?  Jag and Zip! LOL) were gone.  Didn't happen.  And my room is just getting messier and messier with all the more crap I bring in here.  I'll clean it tomorrow.

I can't believe it's 10:00.

At some point, I downloaded a pretty nasty virus on to my computer.  Tonight, I just spent about 1/2 hour removing it.  Glad I don't have to reformat the hard drive again.

I think the bed (with the oh-so-comfy dogs on it) is calling my name.

More useless stuff tomorrow.  Aren't you excited?


No comments:

Post a Comment