Check out the other pages!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Finally!  I found what I consider to be the perfect name for this place.  No, there's not a lick of knotty pine on this place, but we had a beautiful dining room in the house that I grew up in that had knotty pine from floor to ceiling ... it was where we would all gather for the holidays and special occasions ... but more importanly, it was my mother's favorite room.  Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to replicate the look of that room here in this house, or at least replicate the purpose of that room.  If I can capture even a sliver of that, I would be happy.

Looks like it's going to be another gorgeous day out today.  I think I am going to do more relaxing than anything else.  I went to the store last night and bought everything for a steak / crab leg dinner for Justin and I tonight, including a pumpkin pie for him.  He's in charge of the entertainment and is downloading a movie or two for us.  I am really looking forward to seeing him and just hanging out.

I think I might take my first walk over to the lake directly across from my house today and see what's over there, and exactly how far the shoreline is from the trees. 

For some reason, I thought that time would help the empty pit in my life that once contained my mother.  It hasn't.  I'd give anything to be able to hug her one more time.

Hug yours for me, wouldja?

Merry Christmas!
Jodi









No comments:

Post a Comment