Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Falling Into Place

I'm glad Christmas is over. I am.

And now things seem to be moving right along.

The water in my clawfoot tub was leaking pretty badly. Hot water, no less. I called the contractor out and he rebuilt the faucet and now it works like a dream! He's also installing the bathroom vanity (there was a pedestal sink there that I couldn't stand) and fixing the plumbing behind it. Apparently there's no cold water shutoff, or at least, it doesn't work. So it will be nice to have a completely functional bathroom. The paint is done. I just need to put the doors back on the cubbies and decorate.

I bought some curtains for the dining room. They're kinda cheesy, but at least the colors match. Need to put those up.

Gonna swing by Home Depot tonight and pick up some paint for the kitchen. Janie is coming over, and I think we're going to do a marathon paint job and "just" get it done. You know ... "Just Janie" ... :-)

I would love to have a fully functioning kitchen. It's time.

I am taking tomorrow off from work. Don't have to fight the traffic in the snow on the way to work.

I built a dog run out back. It works great for Jag and Zip. Whisker-Butt fits right through the holes, and more importantly, knows it. For now, I'm just crating her during the day until I figure out what to do with the dog run. She has also figured out that she can get through the holes of the fence that hold the sheep in. Same type of fence. Imagine that.

I've burned a lot of branches and sticks and things. Have tons more to go. Will work on some of that tonight, I'm sure. Love that burn barrel. So, that will give us another warm place to go when we want to get out of the paint fumes tonight.

Hopefully, by Spring, the house will be in pretty good order so I can start working on the sprinker system and fencing and be able to give my sheep more places to go. I am thinking about pasture raising a couple of pigs this year to see how that works out. I'm browsing Craigslist for a chest freezer so I will have a place to store meat. Janie, Kirk and I are also talking about raising our own beef. I think it's a great idea if we can work out the logistics of all of it. And I will be thrilled if I can get a garden up and growing this spring. It will be a lot of work, but I am hoping I can pull it off.

And every time I drive from Janie's house to my house, I always wish I had a horse to ride around this area on. I think that would be a kick in the pants, but I don't want to have the responsibility of owning a horse. So ... I need to find me a cowboy with an extra horse. A big horse. A big cowboy would be good, too. A few would be even better.

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment